- April 23, 2018 - April 24, 2018
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
The practice of Reiki is an original method of healing, developed by Mikao Usui in Japan early in the 20th century, which is activated by intention.
It works on every level, not just the physical. Reiki is a healing system that works with the subtle energy system, which can be used to treat yourself and others using ‘laying on of hands’.
The Japanese word Reiki pronounced ‘ray-key’ means ‘Universal Energy’. Eastern medicine has always recognised and worked with this energy, which flows through all living things and is vital to well-being. Known as ‘ki’ in Japan, ‘chi’ in China and ‘prana’ in India.
Acupuncture, T’ai chi and Yoga are also based on the free-flow of this energy in a person.
Reiki is a non-invasive therapy which treats the whole person including physical, emotiona, etheric and mental body, thus creating many beneficial effects such as a feeling of wellbeing and relaxation.
Reiki is not based on belief or faith and is not a religion or cult.
What are the Benefits?
Illness can be a time of great stress. Reiki can help by encouraging relaxation and bringing balance to both mind and emotions.
Benefits reported by Clients include deep relaxation, promoting a calm, peaceful sense of well being on all levels.
Reiki encourages and supports positive personal choices, such as improving diet, taking more exercise, devoting time for rest or leisure activities, and may reduce the need for alcohol and tobacco. Engendering greater inner harmony and balance, regular Reiki treatments promote a calmer response to life’s challenges.
Reiki’s gentle energy is easily adapted to most medical conditions and may be used safely by people of all ages, this can be discussed directly with June 0787 6578055.
Being complementary, Reiki works effectively alongside orthodox healthcare and natural remedies, expanding treatment options.
Reiki is used in Hospices, Hospitals, Corporates and Private Practice.
What happens in a Session?
A Reiki treatment is non-diagnostic, non-interventionist, non-manipulative and no pressure is applied.
A session is usually carried out with the recipient lying down or sitting, in a comfortable and peaceful environment. There is no need to remove any clothing as Reiki energy passes easily through all materials, including plaster casts.
The practitioner places their hands gently on or over the body. The recipient automatically draws in only as much Reiki as is needed, using it in whatever way is most appropriate at the time.
Reiki may be experienced as a flow of energy, mild tingling, warmth, coolness, other sensations, or nothing at all. Reiki is deeply relaxing and has a profoundly calming effect. It is a good idea to rest for a while afterwards and drink plenty of water over the next few days. Be responsive to the needs of your body, eg resting if tired, and allow the energy to continue its work after the session ends. The beneficial effects may be felt for several days.
What will the Reiki Training Cover?
You will learn:-
- the concept of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health and well-being that is consistent with the practice, principles and theory underlying Reiki
- the history and development of the Reiki styles practised
- the reasons for having received person to person attunement/initiation for Reiki, prior to practising in a professional context
- the principles behind Reiki systems (the context) and Reiki energy (the flow)
- the importance of the practitioner using self-treatment
- how to apply Reiki according to style, systems and teachings
- how to choose the most appropriate ‘way’ to meet the needs of the client
- the teacher’s lineage to Mikao Usui
- the range of possible recipients for the Reiki style (eg animals/humans/ plants) and any restrictions to practise (eg veterinary/ legal)
- the relationship of Reiki to other healthcare practices
- that there are no known contra-indications to Reiki when used on its own
- the types of Reiki practice:1. hands on the body2. hands near the body3. from a distance
- the importance of explaining Reiki to the client
- To record and reflect your Reiki session
- how to send distance reiki
- how to use symbols within your reiki practice
Please contact June if you require any more information on 07876 578055
Venue: The Copthorne Hotel Gatwick
Venue Phone: 07876578055Address: